9.03.2014

Raw Canvas


Today's blog is for all the ARTEESTS out there who enjoy wine and paint. I cannot paint anything practical so mine was something more abstract. Unfortunately at the end of the day, no one gets what my painting stands for and they just think it's a mess. Despite the fact that my mother called my painting NOT art, I still had a great time with my friends. I love my painting because there was no main purpose, no rules, just a bunch of colours slathered on a canvas to release my daily stress.

So if you've never been to Raw Canvas, I recommend getting their voucher deals online. I think the most recent one just finished, so keep an eye out for future vouchers because it is definitely more worth it if you can get a deal out of it. So I got my voucher from Social Shopper and below is their menu specifically for this deal. Each person gets to choose their own plate: either cheese, meat, or mix. Also they have a choice of a 2 course wine pairing for $18.00. I need my wine while I paint, so I decided to try their 2 recommended wine pairings for the night.




The interior is extremely artsy, from the mesmerizing art works on the wall to the usage of different type of chairs placed around the restaurant, everything just works. The idea of "art" is obviously the whole point of this place and just spreading that across the whole interior just makes the whole place very welcoming and fun. We sat near the windows and they had this purple, flowery wall paper that is spread across that section, which I find very unique because it works with the space and it sort of breaks the whole idea of the white ceilings and the white walls, giving the whole area that extra kick of art.


So here is a close up of the cheese platter. I'm not going to try to guess my way around the names of these food, so just refer to the menu above for the actual names. Other than that, my own opinion on this platter, I only like 2 things on this. The middle sauce & cheese. Other than that, I didn't like any of the other stuff. On the right hand side, there's goat cheese & figs. On the left, I think it is blue cheese & mustard.


Who doesn't love free bread???? :D


This is the meat platter, filled with deliciousness. All the meats are great & works well with the free bread. The top plates were not as great. Just because I am not a big fan of pickles & olives.


 So for the two plate options, I recommend getting the meat platter, just because you'll eat more out of it. It's a cute idea of eating a little platter, drinking wine and painting, but I rather just go for the wine and just paint for the rest of the night.

For the two wine pairings, they were good and I wouldn't mind ordering them again.


End result of our night.
We got abstract that nobody gets, an owl with too many layers of paint, deadpool with a huge ass torso and too small of a lower body, & last but not least, batman in black flames with extremely pointy ears.

Great night with great company!



Service: 3/5


Food: 2.5/5


Price: N/A Depending whether you got a deal or not


Overall Rating: 2.75/5

Despite the overall rating, I highly recommend going there at least once and just try it out. Painting with friends while having a glass of wine is just such a fun experience.

Painting experience: 5/5!

HAPPY EATING :D
-Msjesschan


Raw Canvas on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment