12.13.2014

BierCraft

Hey Everyone,

While at a Remax Christmas event on Commercial Drive where our company Cherry On Top Designs had a gift basket up as a raffle draw prize, Jess and I walked around the area to look for a place to have lunch. We came across BierCraft, and since either of us have yet to try it, we decided to dine here!

The inside of it definitely has that tavern feel to it. The bar is right inside when you step in and runs towards the back of the restaurant. There are tv's at the bar, and also several tv's in the dining areas as well. We were seated at a window seat in the front right corner. 

Their menu has quite the extensive beer selected, as expected from a place named as such. With plenty of beer available on tap, it was very hard to decide which one to try, so I ended up picking the flight of BierCraft Beer Sampler $10.



As you can see from the photo, going from left to right, we have the D'Hiven, Maiselsweiss, Salty Scot, and Resolution. They all tasted like what they looked like, except for Resolution. Resolution had this peculiar flavour that I couldn't quite put my finger on, and was quite weird; so much so that I didn't end up finishing it! My favourites in order would have to be 2>1>3>4.

For food, since this was basically brunch for us, I had the Waffles $11, and Jess had the Fish & Chips $13 plus a coffee $2.75.



My waffles came with whipped cream of course, a side dish of strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries, and instead of maple syrup, it came with chocolate sauce! Now I love chocolate, so this was DELICIOUS! Jess will never understand it, but I love sweet things for breakfast/brunch, so when I order crepes, waffles, or pancakes, I almost always get the sweet type. The combination of chocolate sauce and the berries made it quite sweet, but not so much that it was unbearable. The mistake however, was pairing this dish with beer! I guess one could argue that beer and breakfast foods don't mix, but then again we're at BierCraft, so how could I not have a beer? So aside from the fact that drinking beer while eating the waffles didn't taste so good, overall it was a very good dish!



Jess' fish and chips were pretty good as well, which we found surprising since this didn't seem like a place for fish and chips. The fish didn't completely fall apart when cutting into it and eating it with a fork. The flavour was great and satisfactory.

The service was not bad, as we didn't have to wait too long to get some service for coffee refills or water, or getting the bill. Acceptable for this type of restaurant I guess.

Overall the food was great, beer was good aside from Revolution, and I would definitely come back to try more beers and the rest of their food menu!



Food:
4/5

Price: 
$$

Service:
3/5

Overall:
3.5/5

Thanks for reading everyone, and happy eating!

- Phil

BierCraft Tap and Tapas Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment