4.16.2015

Flying Pig in Gastown

Hey everyone!

After a long day of work, me & my co-workers decided to head down to Gastown to get some food to release some stress. We were planning to try out "Ask for Luigi" but it was over an hour wait, therefore our second choice was "The Flying Pig" in Gastown. I've never been to the Gastown location before and I absolutely love this location way more than the one in Yaletown. This location is bigger in space, a two floor dining restaurant and its a corner location with high length windows allowing lots of natural lighting in to the space.






We were first given freshly cut bread with olive oil & balsamic vinegar dip. I ordered a glass of white wine and my friend ordered a beer on tap. 





Two of my friends ordered the Red Wine Braised Short Rib $21.50.
They thought the overall dish was really good, the braised short rib was very tender. The mash potatoes were very soft. The bone marrow took up too much space on the plate and one of my friends tried the marrow and thought it didn't taste good. 

One of my friends ordered the T.F.P Signature Pork Rack $25.50.
It came with side veggies and pulled pork poutine. My friend thought the pork rack was very juicy! The pork rack itself was already very filling, therefore she barely touched her pulled pork poutine. I think this dish is great for someone who can eat alot because you are definitely getting a very heavy portion out of this plate. 

I got the Blackened Steelhead Trout $25.50 which came with prawns and pasta underneath.
The fish was very fresh and soft. The prawns and pasta was a great addition to give it more flavor and texture to the dish. Overall I liked this.

Service: 3/5

Food: 4/5

Overall Rating: 3.5/5

Enjoy!
-Jess 

The Flying Pig on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment