9.30.2015

Tairyou Ichiba

Hey everyone,

After my Portfolio show at my school, we decided to eat somewhere near Metrotown. We came across this restaurant called Tairyou Ichiba. Apparently Phil tried this place with his family a long time ago but he forgot whether it was good or not. I always noticed this place because they have this very unique, traditional looking door. When we walked in, they have extremely high ceilings, which was a shocker to me because from the entrance it looks like it'll have an average ceiling height. Their interior is nicely decorated with Japanese posters all over the walls. At the bar area they also have the food menu at the top but its all written in Japanese words. I don't know the background of this restaurant or whether it is Japanese owned or not, BUT the waiter who was helping us was legit Japanese. There is always free parking along the side streets or there is pay parking at the front of the restaurant.










They had this section on the menu called "DEKA! NETA Mega size nigiri sushi lovers". Everything was mega sized, so obviously we had to try! Phil ordered the Mega Salmon ($3.00) which is an extended salmon piece. I ordered the Overflow Chopped Scallop ($3.00), which was the perfect name for this mega sized sushi because the scallops were definitely overflowing.
We also ordered 2 Seared Aburi Toro Sushi ($2.00/each)




Next up, we got the Grilled Chicken & Green Onions with original sauce ($3.80/2 skewers). The chicken was so juicy and the green onions just paired up very nicely with the sauce.


Chicken Karaage ($5.30). It was crunchy on the outside and juicy and soft on the inside. Possibly one of the better Karaage's I've had in Vancouver.


We ordered several rolls:
Negitoro roll ($3.50)
Salmon roll ($2.50)
Oshinko Maki ($2.00) aka. pickled radish

The Oshinko Maki was very different from all the places I get it from. Usually I get the ones that look like yellow pickled radish. But in this case, I was given half of the pickled radish & half of the pickled pickles. I initially thought they took the wrong order, but after clarifying with the waitress, the dish comes half & half. I thought it was kind of unusual because that was not indicated on the menu. The pickled pickles were rather bitter so I much prefer the pickled radish.

Pork Cutlet with egg and onion ($8.50). This came in a hot sizzling plate and it smelled great! It was very flavorful and the sauce tasted great but after eating it for a while, it made me really thirsty.



Service: 3/5

Food: 3.5/5

Price: $

Overall Rating: 3.25/5

Enjoy!
-Jess

Tairyou Ichiba Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment