1.08.2016

Bob Likes Thai Food- Broadway

Hello everyone!

Happy Friday!! I feel like this week felt extra long.. probably because I'm still stuck in holiday mode. Anyways, last week when Phil was off for the whole Christmas/New Years period, he came to find me during my lunch hour. I decided to bring him to Bob Likes Thai Food a long Broadway. He was initially against going to a Thai restaurant because he's not a big fan. But me being, the Thai fan I am, I kinda forced him to go with me. (awesome Fiance I am right?)

On the menu, they have a section for lunch specials (11:30am-3:00pm). All their lunch specials are for $10.00 and it comes with rice, organic greens, fried wonton wrap with housemade plum sauce. 

The restaurant is very narrow and tight. The tables are really close to one another so walking into the inner seats or even sitting at the bar area was not comfortable. 








I went for the Pad Thai ($10.00) which was one of the lunch specials. This one didn't come with rice since it is a noodle dish. Overall, it was very delicious. I like how they added some nuts on the side so it had an extra crunch in the dish. I thought the wonton was pretty interesting because I thought it'll have something inside the wonton but it was basically just the skin. Overall I liked the Pad Thai and it was a good portion for lunch. On top of the wonton they had their sweet plum sauce on it and it went well with the salad. It was sweet and sour and I really liked it.



Phil ordered the Bob's Fish & Chips ($14.00). It was interesting how he decided to order fish & chips at a Thai restaurant, so I was curious to see how it will be. Their "Chips" i guess are the deep fried rice balls. It had a kick of spice in them but it was extremely mild. Phil thought it was interesting but not his idea of "chips". His fish was not the typical deep fried fish either! He thought the sauce at the bottom soaked up too much into the fish so it wasn't even a crunchy texture. Overall, he didn't like this dish that much and probably will not order this again.








Overall I really liked my Pad Thai and I would recommend choosing their $10.00 Lunch Specials because I think it is a better deal!

Service: 3/5

Food: 3/5

Price: $-$$

Overall Rating: 3/5

Thanks for reading!
-Jess

Bob Likes Thai Food Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment