2.18.2016

Whole Foods Burnaby

Hey everyone!

Welcome back to Domo Is Craving! The other day, Phil and I stopped by the new Whole Foods in Burnaby. They've officially opened one under the new Solo residential building. With new residents moving in, this a great way to unite the community! They have everything you need around this neighbourhood. They've got Boston Pizza, Sushi Garden, soon to open a Shoppers Drug Mart, etc... Anyways, since we were around the neighbourhood, we decided to grab some lunch at the new Whole Foods. I've tried their food before in the Cambie location, so I thought i'll see what type of selections they'll have at this new location.

The overall design layout is very similar to the Cambie location. The food selection in the Burnaby location has a bit more variety. They had multiple soups to choose from, extremely overpriced sushi (a box of packaged sushi costs $9.99...) pizzas, etc. Phil went for a pizza and I got a box and filled it up with whatever I want.

So I grabbed some Garlic Pasta, Bacon Chedder Cheeseburger Mac & Cheese, Teriyaki Chicken and I believe the other chicken was a maple garlic chicken? (approx. $8-10)
I also got a side Chicken Noodle Soup (approx. $5.50)

All prices are "approx" because I totally forgot to keep the receipt and my brain only can remember so much... So here are my thoughts on the food...

The garlic pasta was plain, cold, bland and pretty much not worth your time trying.
The bacon chedder mac & cheese tasted WAY better than the plain mac & cheese that I've tried at the Cambie location. Not as cheesy as I want it to be, but fills you up and is a decent option.
Teriyaki chicken was great, loved the flavour and was cooked very well!
The other chicken was good too but the meat was kind of dry.
The Chicken noodle soup, at least what I scooped up, had no chicken. Not my preferable place to get soup and the soup was pretty pricey in my opinion.

For Phil's pizza, he liked it alot. Don't remember which one he got! But he had no complaints towards their pizza options! So he would recommend getting that at Whole Foods.









Obviously I had to try out their coffee! Their coffee bar is not a cafe style like the Cambie location. Their coffee station is near the primary seating area and is near the bread, pastries section. I just ordered their original coffee in small and it was good!



Service: N/A

Food: 2.5/5- basing on just my own food that I got.

Price: $- basing it on what I paid for for my meal, it was pretty pricey.

Rating: 2.5/5

Thanks for reading!
-Jess

Whole Foods Market Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment